Course Code: CGR
Computer graphic design is an important aspect of business communication. Today many organisations operate in house preparation of print and web publishing. Using industry standard software, trainees on this course are exposed to the creative and technical skills required.
On successful completion of the course your skills will include:
- Knowledge of graphic design terminology
- Managing files and folders on your computer
- Storyboarding and conceptualisation
- Sketching graphic design concepts
- Effective use of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator software for print and graphic design
- Technical preparation of files for print and web
Classes are run in a modern computer lab using recent versions of the industry standard Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator packages. Participants are required to complete a portfolio of work and a project
Commencing Monday 22 September 2014, students attend from 6:30pm to 9:30pm over a twenty-two week period.
Applicants are required to be computer literate and have an interest in graphic design.
Candidates who successfully complete the course assessments are awarded the FETAC Level 5 Component Certificate in Computer Illustrated Graphics (5N1929).
€330 inclusive of FETAC assessment fees €20.