The Diploma builds on the skills acquired in year 1 on the Certificate course. Learners acquire more in-depth knowledge and expertise in digital multimedia and develop expertise in new areas such as: content management systems (CMS), database development and audio/video production.
The course is modeled on the working environment, requiring learners to create various interactive multimedia designs to a given specification within a specific time frame. All our courses are lab based with a very practical approach to teaching and learning. This prepares and equips learners for a smooth transition into the digital multimedia industry.
The Diploma in Creative Multimedia will equip participants with the skills to:
- Create industry ready artwork with Photoshop and Illustrator for digital and print media.
- Compile a selection of project work and gain experience in the organisation and presentation of this work at the BFEI "total design" exhibition.
- Make videos using stop motion photography, apply effects, transitions, sound and upload to YouTube.
- Investigate, develop and design Interface prototypes for interactive systems across various platforms.
- Design and build dynamic websites using "Joomla!" - Content Management System.
Diploma Graduates obtain middle level employment in the Interactive Multimedia industry and in the IT Industry. There is also a range of exciting opportunities available in areas such as advertising, publishing, telecommunications, education and training.
- Digital Imaging & Exhibition (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Video Editing (Premiere Pro)
- Graphic Design
- Content Management Systems (PHP and MySQL)
- Relational Database Development
Students spend significant time in excess of timetabled hours on research, study and project work.
||1 year – full time September to May
|Number of places
|Number of contact hours per week
5 days (Mornings)
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
- Enterprise Workshops
Assessment and Certification
The course is certified by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), which is an international examining body. ICM membership registration and examination fees are payable in January.
Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
Graduates from the Diploma in Creative Multimedia have progressed into year 2 of the following Level 7 degree programmes:
Gradutes who would like to avail of progression links to multimedia courses in Ireland, should enrol on the Diploma in Creative Multimedia & App Development course at BFEI.
Applicants should have obtained the Certificate in Creative Multimedia or equivalent.
Mature Students (including VTOS and BTEA)
Applicants without formal qualifications will be considered on the basis of experience and overall demonstrable ability.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, €200 PLC Government Levy (unless exempt), a Student Services charge and professional body registration and examination fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.