The Advanced Certificate builds on the skills acquired in year 1 on the Certificate in Creative Multimedia. Learners acquire more in-depth knowledge and expertise in digital multimedia and develop expertise in new areas such as: content management systems (CMS), database development, animation, video editing and project management.
The course is modeled on the working environment, requiring learners to create various interactive multimedia designs to a given specification within a specific time frame. All our courses are lab based with a very practical approach to teaching and learning. This prepares and equips learners for a smooth transition into the digital multimedia industry.
The Diploma in Creative Multimedia will equip participants with the skills to:
- Plan and create banner advertisements for websites using Flash.
- Compile a selection of project work and gain experience in the organisation and presentation of this work at the BFEI "total design" exhibition.
- Make videos using stop motion photography, apply effects, transitions, sound and upload to YouTube.
- Investigate, develop and design Interface prototypes for interactive systems across various platforms.
- Design and build dynamic websites using WordPress - Content Management System.
Advanced Certificate graduates obtain middle level employment in the Multimedia industry and in the IT Industry. There is also a range of exciting opportunities available in areas such as advertising, publishing, telecommunications, education and training.
- Digital Imaging (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Graphics and Animation (Flash)
- Content Management Systems (Word Press)
- Relational Database Development (PHP and MySQL)
- Project Management
- Digital Video Processing and Production (Premiere Pro)
- Personal and Professional Development
- Work Experience
- Object Oriented Programming (Java)
Students spend significant time in excess of timetabled hours on research, study and project work.
||1 year – full time September to May
|Number of places
|Number of contact hours per week
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
- Enterprise Workshops
Assessment and Certification
The course is certified by Quality and Qualifications Ireland.
Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
Graduates have progressed into year 2 of the following degree programmes:
Applicants should have obtained the Certificate in Creative Multimedia or equivalent.
Mature Students (including VTOS and BTEA)
Applicants without formal qualifications will be considered on the basis of experience and overall demonstrable ability.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, €200 PLC Government Levy (unless exempt), a Student Services charge and examination fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.