Garden Design Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year, QQI Level 5 Garden Design course.
Do you enjoy gardening and want to make a business out of your passion? Have you studied Horticulture but need skills in design, and drafting? Are you interested in getting IT skills in AutoCAD and presentation graphics whilst developing your design skills? With a strong emphasis on design, this course aims to help you develop and combine technical skills with your creative ability so that you can respond to a client’s brief with a creative solution. It is project based and will offer you the opportunity to develop a portfolio in this area. Two days per week will be Work Practice
Assessment and Certification
Assessment is mainly based on studio projects submitted on a continuous basis throughout the year to develop design, analytical, and presentation skills.
You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Design (5M2208).
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied on the course:
What Will I Do?
- Field Trips to sites, Museums, Conferences and Design Projects are an integral part of the learning experience.
- Educational Tours are organised which may include a European trip.
- You will gain experience using Oculus Quest 2 VR Headsets.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Garden Designer
- Architectural Technologist
- Design Consultant
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BSc (Hons) in Landscape Architecture University College Dublin - www.ucd.ie
- BSc in Horticulture (Delivered in National Botanic Gardens, Dublin), Waterford Institute of Technology – www.wit.ie
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology, Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits