Holistic Therapies course - Dublin
At BFEI, located in Blackrock, Co. Dublin we offer a one year ITEC accredited Holistic Therapies course.
Do you see alternative holistic therapies as a way to enhance general health and wellbeing? Are you interested in the human body? Do you have a desire to connect with and help others? Want to get away from a routine desk job? Would you enjoy flexible working hours in a calm environment, either as part of a team or working alone?
This course offers you the opportunity to get internationally recognised ITEC qualifications in a range of therapies to engage in professional practice. As a Holistic/Complimentary Therapist you will use therapies to enhance the mind, body and soul of your clients to maximise vitality.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC).
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Evidence of Treatments (case studies) are required for ITEC qualifications.
- The completion and signing of disclaimers and consultation forms is required for ITEC certification.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
Graduates may join many professional associations and obtain the requisite insurance cover for professional practice.
Is This Course For You?
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
- For entry to Year 2, you must have successfully completed Year 1 or hold an Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage qualification from CIBTAC, ITEC or equivalent. You may be eligible for exemptions from some subjects if you already have recognised qualifications.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are included on the course:
What Will I Do?
- You will get the opportunity to work with clients in an Open Clinic in BFEI.
- You will engage in workshops in additional therapies to enhance your employability such as Pregnancy Massage, Aromatherapy Blending, Ear Candling and On Site Massage.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Healing Centres
- Health & Wellbeing Centres
- Care Homes
- Spa Salons/Destination Spas
- Hotels/On-demand Massage
- Beauty Salons
- Cruise Ships
- Leisure Centres
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI:
On successful completion of the first year course, students are encouraged to progress further by studying for additional qualifications in year two:
Health and Wellbeing Therapies Year 2
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, €200 PLC Government Levy (unless exempt), a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits.