Interior Architecture and Design Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one and two year, QQI Level 5 and Level 6 Interior Architecture and Design course.
Have you a passion for Design and Architecture? Can you see yourself transforming interiors with colour and texture? Have you always been interested in interiors but never got the opportunity to follow your dream? Are you a mature student wanting to change career or progress to study at degree level? Are you interested in studying during the mornings only.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and competences to create interiors in line with client specifications including presentation drawings, materials specification, lighting, furniture proposals and construction detailing.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
- Learners who successfully complete Year 1 will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Interior Design (5M5054).
- Learners who successfully complete Year 2 will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Interior Design (6M5127).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Direct applications to Year 2 are welcome from holders of a QQI Level 5 in Interior Design or equivalent.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied on the course:
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Interior Designer
- Design Consultant
- Furniture Designer
- CAD Operator
- Colour Consultant
- Interior Architect
- Set Designer
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
BA (Hons) Interior Design Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
BA (Hons) Interior Design Griffith College – www.griffith.ie
BA Interior Architecture and Design Institute of Technology Sligo - www.itsligo.ie
BA (Hons) Architecture Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie*
* Subject to aptitude test and interview
After Year 2, you can apply for advanced entry into the degree courses listed above. Advanced entry applications are assessed on a case by case basis.
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
More Design Courses at BFEI
- At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
- Students will be required to purchase certain items, such as drawing equipment.