Make Up Artistry Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5, ITEC accredited Make Up Artistry course.
Have you a confident out-going personality with a creative flair? Do you have an eye for colour? Want a career that you are passionate about? Do you want to be a trend setter for make-up looks? Make-up Artistry is a rapidly developing profession.
The upsurge in retail sales, and the growing media and entertainment industries present exciting career opportunities for motivated individuals. With these internationally recognised qualifications, you will be well placed to take advantage of emerging opportunities and launch your career as a professional make-up artist.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC) and QQI.
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Evidence of Treatments (case studies) are required for ITEC qualifications.
- The completion and signing of disclaimers and consultation forms is required for ITEC certification.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
Is This Course For You?
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability
What Will I Study?
- ITEC Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Make-Up
- ITEC Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements
- ITEC Certificate in Skincare
- ITEC Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
- QQI Retail Selling (Level 5 Component Award)
What Will I Do?
- Additional workshops such as Tanning, Fashion Trends, Film Grade Make-Up Demonstrations, Casting and Inglot Master Classes will be provided to keep you up-to-date with all the latest trends and treatments within the industry.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the BFEI Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Freelance Make-Up Artistry
- Cosmetic Sales
- TV, Film & Theatre
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI:
As an alternative to entering the world of work when you finish the course, you could consider taking further courses at BFEI to enhance your chances of advancement in the industry such as Beauty & Body Therapy, Holistic Therapies, Nail Technology or Salon Management.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams and a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits.