Essential Office Applications - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village in Co.Dublin, we offer a QQI Level 5, one year course in Essential Office Applications.
Office 365 licences are provided free of charge for use on personal devices.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of work submitted during the year and exams.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Informatics (5M18294).
More Computer Courses at BFEI
Is This Course For You?
Are you interested in updating and/or acquiring new computer skills to enable you to work in the modern office environment on-site or on-line? On this course, you will learn how to use the Office 365 suite to share files and collaborate remotely using the most popular applications. On course completion, you will have more confidence, a nationally recognised IT qualification in Office Informatics and hands-on experience with office technologies.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability
What Will I Study?
- Learn about and use current digital tools for the modern office context.
- Share documents online using the latest technologies such as Office 365 & MS Teams.
- Carry out a range of administrative duties using modern office technologies.
- Design a spreadsheet to analyse business strategies.
- Design documents using advanced features of word processing.
- Use a wide range of database functions in order to manipulate, retrieve and output targeted information using queries and reports.
- How to deliver presentations online or in person with confidence.
What Will I Do?
- In conjunction with the agency FIT (Fast Track into Information Technology), you will do workshops on CV’s, LinkedIn and interviews and you will get the opportunity to do a practice interview with industry specialists
- You will use the e-learning platform Moodle
There are many career opportunities in business for graduates with advanced IT skills including:
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Personal/Executive Assistant
- Customer Service
PROGRESSION TO FURTHER STUDIES
If you are interested in doing further study to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.