Pre-University Arts and Social Science Course - Dublin
At BFEI, located in Blackrock, Co.Dublin we offer a QQI Level 5 Pre-University Arts and Social Science course.
Are you curious about how people and societies interact and would like to discover more? Are you interested in pursuing a degree in the Arts or Social Sciences or just unsure about what direction to take at 3rd level? This course is designed as a transition year to studying at third level to maximise your potential for success. It provides the fundamental knowledge and skills required for success in a broad based Arts/Social Science programme. It also offers the mature learner who has an interest in understanding the political environment, an opportunity to explore and evaluate issues in a dynamically changing European social context.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in General Studies (5M3114).
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Do?
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA Arts or BA Humanities or BSc in Social Sciences or BSocSc Social Policy and Sociology - University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie
- Bachelor of Religious Education and English (Post Primary Teacher Education) or BA in Contemporary Culture and Society or BA (Joint Honours) Politics - Dublin City University – www.dcu.ie
- BA or BA European Studies or Bachelor of Social Science in Social Policy and Sociology - Maynooth University – www.nuimaynooth.ie
- Bachelor in Science (Education Studies) or Bachelor in Science (Early Childhood Education) - Marino Institute of Education – www.mie.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kit.