Pre-University Arts and Social Science Course - Dublin
At BFEI, located in Blackrock, Co.Dublin we offer a QQI Level 5 Pre-University Arts and Social Science course.
Are you curious about how people and societies interact and would like to discover more? Are you interested in pursuing a degree in the Arts or Social Sciences or just unsure about what direction to take at 3rd level? This course is designed as a transition year to studying at third level to maximise your potential for success. It provides the fundamental knowledge and skills required for success in a broad based Arts/Social Science programme. It also offers the mature learner who has an interest in understanding the political environment, an opportunity to explore and evaluate issues in a dynamically changing European social context.
Assessment and Certification
Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in General Studies (5M3114).
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied in the course:
What Will I Do?
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA Arts or BA Humanities or BSc in Social Sciences or BSocSc Social Policy and Sociology - University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie
- Bachelor of Religious Education and English (Post Primary Teacher Education) or BA in Contemporary Culture and Society or BA (Joint Honours) Politics - Dublin City University – www.dcu.ie
- BA or BA European Studies or Bachelor of Social Science in Social Policy and Sociology - Maynooth University – www.nuimaynooth.ie
- Bachelor in Science (Education Studies) or Bachelor in Science (Early Childhood Education) - Marino Institute of Education – www.mie.ie
Check out more progression options by downloading the BFEI Progression Pathways Chart at www.bfei.ie
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kit.