Pre-University UX/UI Design (UXD)Course - Dublin (Pending Final Approval)
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year, QQI Level 5 Pre-University UX/UI Design (UXD) course (Pending Final Approval).
Would you like to combine your imagination and creativity with design skills? Do you want to make easy-to-use applications that focus on human-centered inclusiveness and universal design? The Pre-university UX/ UI Design course at BFEI will provide you with a strong foundation in the skills necessary to design Apps for mobile devices. You will design and prototype Apps to include, testing and evaluation, user interface design, navigation, user control, simplicity, consistency and usability. It will also enable you to go into entry level employment
Assessment and Certification
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Creative Media (5M5048).
- Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 06/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied in the course:
What Will I Do?
- Career advice, help with CV preparation and LinkedIn profile is provided through the Guidance and Career Service.
- In conjunction with an external Government agency FIT (Fast Track into Information Technology), we offer participants the opportunity to do a practice interview with industry specialists.
- You will use e-learning platform – Moodle.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Interaction Design
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Digital Design
- Web Design
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA (Hons) Interaction + User Experience Design IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) Interaction Design*, National College of Art & Design - www.ncad.ie
- BSc (Hons) Creative Media and Interaction Design* (Common Entry), University of Limerick - www.ul.ie
- Higher Diploma in Computer Interaction and User Experience, Maynooth University - www.nuimaynooth.ie
*Leaving Certificate Mathematics is a pre-requisite
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.