Security Studies with Criminology course
At BFEI located in Blackrock,Co.Dublin we offer a one year, QQI Level 5 Security Studies with Criminology course
Would you like to work as a Security Guard? Do you want to enter a career in the private security industry or Defences services or Prison services? This Security Studies with Criminology Course at BFEI will provide you with a strong foundation in the skills necessary to pursue a career in the private security sector or progress to Third level. You will obtain a grounding in the various legal aspects of security while also obtaining your Security Licence under the Private Security Services Act 2004. You will also qualify as a FAR (First Aid Responder) awarded by PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council). On successful completion of this course,you will have the skills and qualifications to work in the private security industry and in Retail Security as either Door Security or Static Guarding in both Ireland and abroad.
What will I study?
The following modules are covered on the course:
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 06/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Award in Security Studies (5M2110).
- Optional training courses are delivered in conjunction with external providers and will incur additional costs and take place during term break.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
• Retail Security
• Prison Service
• Armed Forces
• Door Security
• Security Guarding
PROGRESSION TO FURTHER STUDIES
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA (Hons) Law with Criminal Justice, Atlantic Technological University [Letterkenny] – www.atu.ie
- BA Law & Criminology, Maynooth University – www.nuimaynooth.ie
- BA in Criminology, University College Cork – www.ucc.ie
- BSc in Social Sciences, University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie
Check out more progression options by downloading the BFEI Progression Pathways Chart at www.bfei.ie