Are you curious about people and what motivates them? Do you have an interest in Psychology and would you like to gain knowledge and understanding of this area? Are you interested in applying psychology theories to areas of management and business? Or would you like to progress to study for a degree? Yes? Then consider studying for this QQI Level 5 qualification at BFEI and take your first steps to advance in this fascinating area.
The course content covers subjects essential to those seeking to progress to further studies or to apply psychology theories to areas of management and business.
This QQI Level 5 Certificate has progression links to Level 8 PSI (The Psychological Society of Ireland) accredited courses.
The course content contains subjects essential to those seeking to progress in the area academically or to apply psychology theories to areas of management and business.
Training in psychology can provide many useful skills and qualities including:
- Social skills - teamwork, negotiation skills, initiative, ability to deal with people, conflict management
- Information gathering – literature searches, report writing, interviewing, designing surveys
- Analysis and synthesis skills – editing and synthesising information from a variety of sources, reading critically
- Project planning – identifying steps, resources, solving problems, dependability, initiative and being able to work on several tasks at once, time management
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of people – cognitive, perceptual, physical, emotional, social, development, personality
- Numerical, IT, statistical and inferential skills, analysis and presentation
- Oral and written communication skills, listening, speaking etc.
Student with level 5 may be eligible for roles in social care, health care, community support, information officer, youth work, marketing, fundraising and will have developed skills useful to careers in Human Resources, Marketing and Public relations.