Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing Course - Dublin
At BFEI, located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5 Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing course.
Are you interested in diet, nutrition and all things health related? Do you have a desire to connect with people and help them understand their relationship with food? Interested in learning how to promote healthy eating by blogging and using social media forums?
This course offers you the opportunity to learn about diet and nutrition while also exploring how our behaviour can motivate and empower lifestyle choices. Studies show that we are facing an obesity crisis of enormous proportions. Addressing this crisis is a Government priority, and this course will help you take advantage of emerging opportunities in this area.
Assessment and Certification
- Assessment is based on a combination of work submitted during the year and exams.
- Learners who successfully pass all 8 QQI subjects will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services (5M4468).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied in the course:
What Will I Do?
- You will attend workshops and health promotion events.
- How to blog and use social media forums
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Nutritional Advisor
- Health Food Stores
- Food/Healthy Living Blogger
- Self-employed Food Related Business
- Trainer in the area of Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences* (Common Entry), Waterford Institute of Technology - www.wit.ie
- BSc in Health and Society Dublin City University – www.dcu.ie
- BSc (Hons) Public Health Nutrition Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology - www.gmit.ie
- BSc (Hons) in Nutrition & Health Science* Athlone Institute of Technology – www.ait.ie
- BSc (Hons) in Health & Physical Activity Dundalk Institute of Technology - www.dkit.ie
- Higher Certificate in Science - Physiology and Health Science, Carlow Institute of Technology – www.itcarlow.ie
* Leaving Certificate Mathematics is a pre-requisite
* Two places reserved for BFEI Graduates
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kit.