Computer Networks and Cyber Security Course - Dublin
At BFEI located at Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5, Certified Computer Networks and Cyber Security course.
"This is a very hands-on course." Matthew Shanley
"The facilities and equipment in BFEI are of a high standard." Jean Maltese
"I found this course to be a great stepping stone to the career I wished to pursue." Pierce Galligan
"I cannot overstate the importance of the CNS program. It has been invaluable to me. It is one of the best investments I have made in my life." Sally Wena Makar
"It’s a very well-structured course with great progression opportunities." Bogdan Cimpean
"I am delighted with the choice I made to go to BFEI, it has opened many doors for me that otherwise would not have been possible." Paul Lynch
"I really enjoyed my time at BFEI and would recommend this college to anyone." Joshua Redmond
Are you interested in acquiring the skills to build and defend computer networks?
Are you looking for an alternative pathway to a degree in information technology?
Do you want to build a career in Ireland’s expanding computing industry?
The Computer Networks and Cyber Security course in BFEI will teach you how to build and configure computer networks, you will also acquire the skills to identify security threats and deploy appropriate mitigation strategies.
Do you want to get hands-on practice in building and troubleshooting networks? Are you interested in learning the skills to defend networks against cyber attacks? By doing this course, you will be able to build and configure local area networks (LANs) to enable the sharing of computing resources among users. Protection of data is now a priority for all businesses. As well as learning the fundamentals of computer network security, this course will equip you with the skills to identify security threats and appropriate mitigation strategies.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI and Cisco.
- QQI assessment is based on a combination of project work submitted during the year and exams.
- On successful completion of this course, learners will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Computer Systems and Networks (5M0536) CISCO Cyber Security Essentials.
- Further details on the QQI award are available from the QQI website: http://qsearch.qqi.ie/WebPart/AwardDetails?awardCode=5M0536
- Further details on the Cyber Security Essentials certification are available from https://www.netacad.com/courses/security/cybersecurity-essentials.
Is This Course For You?
Do you want to get hands-on practice in building and troubleshooting computers and computer networks? Are you interested in learning the skills to defend networks against cyber attacks? By doing this course, you will be able to build and configure local area networks (LANs) to enable the sharing of computing resources among users. Protection of data is now a priority for all businesses. As well as learning the fundamentals of computer network security, this course will equip you with the skills todentify security threats and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
- Setup and troubleshoot networks.
- Respond to customer technical support queries in a professional manner.
- Implement mitigation techniques to secure networks.
What Will I Do?
- In conjunction with FIT (Fast Track into Information Technology), you will get the opportunity to do a practice interview with industry specialists.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
- You will use e-learning platform – Moodle.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in the IT industry including:
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- IT Security Technician
- Help-desk Technician
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BTech Networking Technologies or Bachelor of Engineering Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Computing - Digital Forensics & Cyber Security Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Cybercrime and IT Security Institute of Technology Carlow – www.itcarlow.ie
- BSc in Computer Science University College Dublin – www.ucd.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
Further information on the Higher Education Links Scheme can be found on the following web pages:
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.