Psychology with Special Needs Assisting (SNA) Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a QQI Level 5 Psychology with Special Needs Assisting (SNA) course.
Are you curious about people and what motivates them? Do you have an interest in Psychology and would you like to gain knowledge and understanding of this area? Are you interested in applying psychology theories to the area of Special Needs Assisting in an educational setting and gain employment as an SNA? Would you like to progress to study for a degree? Yes? Then consider studying for this QQI Level 5 qualification and take your first steps towards a career in this area.
Assessment and Certification
- Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Health Services (5M4468).
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are covered on the programme
What Will I Do?
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
- Presentations from Guest Speakers including Psychologists will be provided.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue employment as an SNA in Primary and Post-Primary Schools.
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry to courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Early Childhood Education or Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Social Care, Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] - www.tudublin.ie
- BA Early Childhood Care & Education, Waterford Institute of Technology - www.wit.ie
- BSc Education Studies, Marino Institute of Education - www.mie.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.