Pre-University Law Course - Dublin
At BFEI, located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a QQI Level 5 Pre-University, Legal Studies Law Course.
Do you have an enquiring mind? Are you methodical and organised with an eye for detail? Are you interested in legal cases and how the judicial system works? Would you like to take the first steps to get a law degree?
This course will introduce you to the core principles of law and the Irish legal system. You will get the opportunity to study several different branches of law and discover the area that interests you most to pursue at degree level.
Alternatively, you could use this qualification to gain employment in areas where a background in law is an asset such as the regulatory bodies, citizens advice, and human rights advocacy agencies.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of work submitted during the year and exams.
- Learners who successfully complete all 8 subjects will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Legal Studies (5M3789).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
Is This Course For You?
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The course includes the following modules:
What Will I Do?
- You will visit the Courts and also attend a Forensic Science Workshop.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Legal Assistant/Researcher
- Legal Researcher
- Paralegal Work
- Administrative Assistant
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) or Bachelor of Business and Law (BBL) University College Dublin - www.ucd.ie
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB Trinity College Dublin - www.tcd.ie
- Bachelor of Arts (Joint Honours) Law Dublin City University - www.dcu.ie
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), LLB Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), LLB Waterford Institute of Technology – www.wit.ie*
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) Maynooth University - www.nuimaynooth.ie
* 5 places reserved for BFEI Graduates Minimum 3 Merits
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
More Business Courses at BFEI
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.