Theatrical, Media and Fashion Make Up Artistry Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5, ITEC accredited Theatrical, Media and Fashion Make Up Artistry course.
Have you a confident out-going personality with a creative flair? Do you have an eye for colour? Want a career that you are passionate about? Do you want to be a trend setter for make-up looks? Make-up Artistry is a rapidly developing profession.
The upsurge in retail sales, and the growing media and entertainment industries present exciting career opportunities for motivated individuals. With these internationally recognised qualifications, you will be well placed to take advantage of emerging opportunities and launch your career as a professional make-up artist.
Is this course for you?
This course covers the skills required to perform effective make-up techniques suitable for various professional media, fashion, retail, theatre and stage productions.
In order to demonstrate competence in make-up techniques, students produce a portfolio of work covering a wide range of topics. This portfolio is developed throughout the course with guidance from tutors.
The course also includes a module on Skin Treatments which will allow students to acquire professional skills in the manual facial elements of beauty therapy, including eyelash and brow tinting.
What will I study?
- ITEC Diploma in Fashion and Specialised Make-Up
- ITEC Certificate in Eyebrow Treatments and Eyelash Enhancements
- ITEC Certificate in Skincare
- ITEC Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
- QQI Retail Selling (Level 5 Component Award)
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
- Qualified therapists are granted exemptions from subjects already certified.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC) and QQI.
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Evidence of Treatments (case studies) are required for ITEC qualifications.
- The completion and signing of disclaimers and consultation forms is required for ITEC certification.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
Make-up artistry career opportunities exist in the fields of cosmetic sales, film, television, photography, theatre, fashion and the print-media. Graduates work as professional make-up and special-effects artists. Freelance or contract employment in media productions and presentations is common. The Skin Treatment Diploma enables graduates to gain employment in beauty salons and/or as freelance therapists/make-up artists. The work is varied, interesting and rewarding.
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI: