Beauty and Body Therapy Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co. Dublin we offer a one year, ITEC, CIDESCO accredited Beauty and Body Therapy course.
Do you see yourself working in a thriving and dynamic profession? Are you interested in the latest beauty products, equipment, new practices and procedures? Perhaps you enjoy travelling and seeing the world? Would you like to work within the luxury hotel and spa industry? Could this be the course for you?
At BFEI, we deliver internationally recognised qualifications in beauty and body therapy that will ensure you are educated to the highest industry standards so that you can take on this new and exciting career. As well as providing you with the skills to set up a solid career in the Beauty Therapy Profession, ITEC and CIDESCO qualifications could be your passport to travel and an exciting future.
How Far Do You Want To Go?? - Exciting New Development for BFEI Beauty Therapy Students!
BFEI is delighted to have secured Erasmus + funding which will enable second year beauty therapy students to participate in an international work experience programme while studying at BFEI. Under this initiative, students will receive full funding for flights, accommodation and for day to day living expenses. Participation in Erasmus + programmes provides a valuable opportunity for students to experience new cultures, acquire language skills and gain self-confidence while practicing their beauty therapy skills abroad. In March 2018, 6 students successfully and enthusiastically completed a 3 week work experience placement in 4 and 5 star salons and spas in the Playa de las Americas region of Tenerife in Spain.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC).
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Evidence of Treatments (case studies) are required for ITEC qualifications.
- The completion and signing of disclaimers and consultation forms is required for ITEC certification.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
- Facial and Body Therapy including SPA Treatments is certified by Comite International D'esthétique et de Cosmetologie CIDESCO.
- A thesis is required for CIDESCO certification.
- These awarding bodies apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Graduates who achieve ITEC qualifications can become overseas members of ITEC.
- Information Technology (Memento Salon Software) is certified by Phorest.
Is This Course For You?
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
There is high demand for places and early application is advised. Apply on-line for free.
Places will be offered, on a first come basis, subject to the applicant meeting the entry requirements and subject to a place being available.
- Applicants should hold relevant Facial, Electrical and Body qualifications.
- Applicants may be required to undergo a suitability interview. Applicants must have reached the required standard in the ITEC examinations (year 1) and satisfy the Institute’s criteria on suitability. Short listing will apply, based on general ability, specific aptitude and demonstrable interests.
What Will I Study?
- Anatomy and physiology of the head, face, neck and body
- Skin, skin types, skin care, skin diseases and disorders
- Nails, manicure and pedicure, nail diseases and disorders
- Cosmetic science, hygiene, first aid, make-up, eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Facial massage, depilation, bleaching, face masks, electrical treatments, heat and light treatments
- Body massage, cellulite, exercise and figure correction, figure configuration
- Electricity elements, face and body electrical treatments
- Electrical epilation – permanent hair removal
What Will I Do?
- Industry Training Courses
- Salon Management (Memento) & Business Studies
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
- Industry talks, trainings and demonstrations
- Work with clients in live 'pop-up' salons
- Workshops such as Crystal Toes, Tanning Training, Nail Art, Advanced Waxing, and Threading
- Salon Management Software (Momento).
You will have a range of professional qualifications with up-to-date additional trainings and links within the industry which will ensure that you are widely sought after within this profession. You can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Beauty Salons
- Laser/IPL Therapy Clinics
- Health and Wellbeing/Leisure Centres
- Cruise Liners
- Mobile Therapist
- Salon Owner
- Complementary Therapist
- Technical Sales Representative
- Spa Industry
- The Hotel Industry
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI:
On successful completion of the first year course, students are encouraged to progress further by studying for the Advanced Beauty Therapy Diploma in year two.
As an alternative to entering the world of work when you finish the course, you could consider taking further courses at BFEI to enhance your chances of advancement in the industry such as:
- Salon Management
- Nail Technology
- Holistic Therapies
- Make-Up Artistry.
More Beauty Courses at BFEI
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services Fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits.