Would you like the challenge of a career in management? Do you enjoy working with people in a dynamic environment? Are you confident, have a positive attitude and good communication skills? Can you see yourself running your own business? With a thriving economy, there are many opportunities in management roles for those with the right skill set. This course is designed to build strong business management skills which are critical in either starting or running a business. This course also offers advanced progression links to third level in Business and Management Degree programmes.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI
- Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
- After Year 1, you will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102).
- After Year 2, you will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Management (6M4587).
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Direct applications to Year 2 are welcome from holders of a QQI Level 5 in Business or equivalent
What Will I Do?
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Events/Project Management
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BSc in Business and Management or BSc in Human Resource Management, Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- Bachelor of Business in Management, Technological University Dublin [Tallaght] - www.tudublin.ie
- Bachelor in Business Studies – Business and Management, Maynooth University – www.nuimaynooth.ie
After Year 2, you can apply for Advanced Entry to 2nd year of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) – Entrepreneurship & Management or Entrepreneurship IADT, Dún Laoghaire – www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) in Business or BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management, National College of Ireland – www.ncirl.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.