Creative Writing and Digital Publishing Course - Dublin
On this course, you will learn the craft of writing, reading and editing. You will be guided by a committed department of writers and designers, alongside well know guest writers/speakers. You will also learn how to present your creative work online with key skills such as script writing, photography, content layout and image editing.
Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud licences are provided free of charge for use on personal devices.
Assessment and Certification
This course is certified by QQI.
Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Media (5M5048).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
Is This Course For You?
Do you want to find your own voice? Do you want to explore your creative potential in the world of literature, writing for online journalism, film and television? Or maybe start that novel you always promised yourself you would write one day!
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
- Use language to set the tone of the narrative and plot the development to create intrigue for the reader.
- Employ the skill of characterisation and construct different ways of telling the same story.
- Critique your own work and the work of others.
- Design and layout the story using InDesign.
- Design and manipulate images.
- Source publishers and agents.
- Develop social media marketing campaigns for your publication.
What Will I Do?
- Career advice, help with CV preparation and LinkedIn profile is provided by Guidance and Career Service.
- In conjunction with FIT (Fast Track into Information Technology), you will get the opportunity to do a practice interview with industry specialists.
- You will use e-learning platform – Moodle.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Digital Publishing
- Online Content Design
- Graphic Layout
- Digital Marketing
The following degree progression options are available
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Visual Culture or BA (Hons) Print and Digital Media Technology Management Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BA (Hons) English, Media and Cultural Studies IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Digital Media Waterford Institute of Technology - www.wit.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.