Creative Writing and Digital Publishing Course - Dublin
On this course, you will learn the craft of writing, reading and editing. You will be guided by a committed department of writers and designers, alongside well know guest writers/speakers. You will also learn how to present your creative work online with key skills such as script writing, photography, content layout and image editing.
Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud licences are provided free of charge for use on personal devices.
Is this course for you?
Do you want to find your own voice? Do you want to explore your creative potential in the world of literature, writing for online journalism, film and television? Or maybe start that novel you always promised yourself you would write one day!
What will I study?
- Use language to set the tone of the narrative and plot the development to create intrigue for the reader.
- Employ the skill of characterisation and construct different ways of telling the same story.
- Critique your own work and the work of others.
- Design and layout the story using InDesign.
- Design and manipulate images.
- Source publishers and agents.
- Develop social media marketing campaigns for your publication.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Assessment and Certification
This course is certified by QQI.
Assessment is based on a combination of assignments and exams.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Media (5M5048).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Digital Publishing
- Online Content Design
- Graphic Layout
- Digital Marketing
The following degree progression options are available
- BA (Hons) Creative Industries & Visual Culture, Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BA (Hons) Communications, Dublin City University - ww.dcu.ie
- BA (Hons) English, Media and Cultural Studies IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Digital Media, South East Technological University [Waterford] - www.setu.ie
Check out more progression options by downloading the BFEI Progression Pathways Chart at www.bfei.ie