Holistic Therapies Year 2 Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co. Dublin we offer an ITEC accredited Holistic Therapies Year 2 course.
Do you see alternative holistic therapies as a way to enhance general health and wellbeing? Are you interested in the human body? Do you have a desire to connect with and help others? Want to get away from a routine desk job? Would you enjoy flexible working hours in a calm environment, either as part of a team or working alone? This course offers you the opportunity to get internationally recognised ITEC qualifications in a range of therapies to engage in professional practice. As a Holistic/Complementary Therapist you will use therapies to enhance the mind, body and soul of your clients to maximise vitality.
What will I study?
- Year 2: ITEC Qualifications in:
- Facial Skincare
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Stone Massage
- You will get the opportunity to work with clients in an Open Clinic in BFEI.
- You will engage in workshops in additional therapies to enhance your employability such as Pregnancy Massage, Aromatherapy Blending, Ear Candling and On Site Massage.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
- For entry to Year 2, you must have successfully completed Year 1 or hold an Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage qualification from CIBTAC, ITEC or equivalent.
- You may be eligible for exemptions from some subjects if you already have recognised qualifications.
Assessment and Certification
- Assessment is based on a combination of Evidence of Treatments (Case Studies) and exams which mainly take place in April and May.
- Please be advised that students doing ITEC certified courses are required to maintain a satisfactory level of attendance and complete Consultation, Disclaimer forms and other documentation as necessary - please see www.itecworld.co.uk for further information on requirements.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Healing Centres
- Health & Wellbeing Centres
- Care Homes
- Spa Salons/Destination Spas
- Hotels/On-demand Massage
- Beauty Salons
- Cruise Ships
- Leisure Centres