Would you like the challenge of a career in management? Do you enjoy working with people in a dynamic environment? Are you confident, have a positive attitude and good communication skills? Have you been working in the Hair or Beauty industry and want to take the next step in your career to Counter Manager, Front of House Manager, Store Manager or Area Manager? Or can you see yourself running your own business? With a thriving service economy, there are many opportunities in management roles in the Hair and Beauty industry for those with the right skill set. This course is designed to build strong management skills including managing clients, scheduling and managing staff and salon marketing which are critical in either starting or running a business. You will learn through engagement with real scenarios in live ‘pop-up’ salons which simulate the day to day work of a salon manager. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to take advantage of promotion opportunities in this field.
Assessment and Certification
- You will be awarded an ITEC Diploma in Salon Management (equivalent of Level 6 on the Irish Framework of Qualifications).
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC).
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Evidence of Treatments (case studies) are required for ITEC qualifications.
- The completion and signing of disclaimers and consultation forms is required for ITEC certification.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
- You must have achieved a recognised ITEC qualification in Hair or Beauty or hold relevant industry experience.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers at management level in a range of areas including:
- Beauty Salons
- Hair Salons
- Spa Resorts
- Cruise Ships
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Managers
- You will get the chance to apply skills learned on the course in live ‘pop-up’ salons.
- You will get the opportunity to gain additional ITEC qualifications in a range of areas such as Skincare, Microdermabrasion, Waxing, and Body Treatments.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits