Certificate in Business Studies - Dublin
Our Certificate in Business Studies course at BFEI, located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin is a one year QQ1 Level 5 course.
Do you want to gain a solid grounding in the fundamentals of business with a view to identifying the specialist area that best suits you? Have you an entrepreneurial flair? Are you looking to gain employment in the diverse business environment? Or do you see yourself progressing to get a Business Degree?
This qualification covers the major functional areas of business including Finance, Marketing, Human Resources and Management and will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of project work submitted during the year and exams.
- Learners who successfully complete this course will be awarded a QQI level 5 Certificate in in Business Studies (5M2102).
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Direct applications to Year 2 are welcome from holders of a QQI Level 5 in Business or equivalent.
What Will I Study?
Please see modules below:
What Will I Do?
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
Business subjects, coupled with proficiency in IT, prepare graduates for a wide range of career opportunities in:
- Human Resource Management
- General Administration and Management
- Advertising and Marketing
- Sales Management
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
On successful completion of the Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102), graduates have the option to progress within BFEI to the:
If you want to get a degree, then after completing Year 1 and achieving theCertificate in Business Studies, you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin - www.ucd.ie
- BA (Hons) in Business, Economics & Social Studies (BESS), Trinity College Dublin - www.tcd.ie
- Bachelor of Business Studies, Dublin City University - www.dcu.ie
- BA in Accounting & Finance, Dublin City University - www.dcu.ie
- BSc in Business and Management, Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BBS in Business Management, Maynooth University - www.nuimaynooth.ie
After Year 2, you can apply for advanced entry to 2nd year of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Business (Ord) in Applied Entrepreneurship IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) in Business or BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management, National College of Ireland – www.ncirl.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.