Web Design and Digital Media Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year, QQI Level 5 Web Design and Digital Media course.
Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud licences are provided free of charge for use on personal devices .
Assessment and Certification
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Creative Media (5M5048).
The qualification is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
Is This Course For You?
Do you enjoy working with computers and have an aptitude for creativity and design? Are you interested in designing and coding for the web and mobile devices? This Web and Digital Media course will respond to your needs by
providing you with a strong foundation for entry into the online digital media sector. A practical approach to teaching and learning is taken and assessments are modelled on industry practices.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
- Plan, design, and build websites based on the fundamental principles of usability, accessibility and search engine optimisation.
- Design and manipulate photographs and vector graphics for web and print.
- Apply the principles of graphic design to all projects.
- Understand the principles of advertising and working in teams.
What Will I Do?
- Field Trips and participation in the Annual Design Exhibition.
- In conjunction with FIT (Fast Track into Information Technology), you will get the opportunity to do a practice interview with industry specialists.
- Career advice, help with CV preparation and LinkedIn profile is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
- You will use the e-learning platform Moodle.
As a graduate of the course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Digital Media
- Web Design and Development
- Digital Publishing
- Mobile Technologies
- eLearning and Training
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BSc (Hons) in Creative Computing IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) in Creative Digital Media Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc (Hons) Creative Multimedia Limerick Institute of Technology – Clonmel www.lit.ie BSc in Multimedia Dublin City University – www.dcu.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.