Do you see alternative holistic therapies as a way to enhance general health and wellbeing? Are you interested in the human body? Do you have a desire to connect with and help others? Want to get away from a routine desk job? Would you enjoy flexible working hours in a calm environment, either as part of a team or working alone?
This course offers you the opportunity to get internationally recognised ITEC qualifications in a range of therapies to engage in professional practice. As a Holistic/Complimentary Therapist you will use therapies to enhance the mind, body and soul of your clients to maximise vitality.
Click on the banner to watch course video.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC).
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations. Evidence of Treatments (case studies) is required for ITEC qualifications.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
Graduates may join many professional associations and obtain the requisite insurance cover for professional practice.
Is This Course For You?
- Leaving Certificate/LCA
- Applicants should have achieved five passes OR five O6/H7s OR a combination of five O6/H7s OR have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile.
Others including Mature Students
- If you are a mature student (aged 21 or over) and do not hold the Leaving Certificate, then you are welcome to apply. Each application will be assessed individually.
- Qualified Therapists are granted exemptions from subjects already certified.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are included on the course:
What Will I Do?
- Workshops in additional therapies to enhance your employability such as Pregnancy Massage, Aromatherapy Blending, Ear Candling and Facial Skincare
- Work with clients in an Open Clinic within the Institute.
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
This is a rapidly expanding career area offering various opportunities for professional practice. Graduates find employment in:
- Hotels, Guest Houses and Leisure Centres
- Beauty Salons/Health Centres
- Healing Centres
- Cruise Ships
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Health Spas
Graduates may practice as qualified ITEC therapists in aromatherapy, massage, reflexology, stress management and sports massage therapy.
Companies who have hired BFEI graduates include:
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI:
On successful completion of the first year course, students are encouraged to progress further by studying for additional qualifications in year two:
Holistic Therapies Year 2
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items, such as drawing equipment.