Holistic Therapies Year 1 Course - Dublin
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co. Dublin we offer an ITEC accredited Holistic Therapies Year 1 course.
Do you see alternative holistic therapies as a way to enhance general health and wellbeing? Are you interested in the human body? Do you have a desire to connect with and help others? Want to get away from a routine desk job? Would you enjoy flexible working hours in a calm environment, either as part of a team or working alone?
This course offers you the opportunity to get internationally recognised ITEC qualifications in a range of therapies to engage in professional practice. As a Holistic/Complimentary Therapist you will use therapies to enhance the mind, body and soul of your clients to maximise vitality.
Click on the banner to watch course video.
What will I study?
The following modules are included on the course:
- Leaving Certificate/LCA
- Applicants should have achieved five passes OR five O6/H7s OR a combination of five O6/H7s OR have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile.
Others including Mature Students
- If you are a mature student (aged 21 or over) and do not hold the Leaving Certificate, then you are welcome to apply. Each application will be assessed individually.
- Qualified Therapists are granted exemptions from subjects already certified.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC).
- ITEC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations. Evidence of Treatments (case studies) is required for ITEC qualifications.
- Examinations take place in April and May.
Graduates may join many professional associations and obtain the requisite insurance cover for professional practice.
This is a rapidly expanding career area offering various opportunities for professional practice. Graduates find employment in:
- Hotels, Guest Houses and Leisure Centres
- Beauty Salons/Health Centres
- Healing Centres
- Cruise Ships
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Health Spas
Graduates may practice as qualified ITEC therapists in aromatherapy, massage, reflexology, stress management and sports massage therapy.
Graduates who complete this course may apply to the following course in BFEI:
On successful completion of the first year course, students are encouraged to progress further by studying for additional qualifications in year two:
Holistic Therapies Year 2