Graphic Design Course - Dublin
At BFEI located at Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5 course in Graphic Design.
Are you a visual thinker? Do you love graphics in magazines or on the web? Are you constantly doodling and drawing? Do you want to do a degree in Visual Communications but have no time to prepare a portfolio before the Leaving Certificate? Are you a mature student wanting to change careers?
Then consider a career as a Graphic Designer. Graphic communication is present all around us - every logo, every newspaper, and every food package. Designers take a concept and develop it into pictures and slogans so that it is reflective and remembered by the audience.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
- Studio projects are completed on a continuous basis to develop design, analytical and presentation skills.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design (5M1995).
- On course completion you will have a portfolio of work to present for entry to third level institutions, or for prospective employers.
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied on the course:
What Will I Do?
- Field Trips to sites, Museums, Conferences, and Design Projects are an integral part of the learning experience.
- Educational Tours are organised which may include a European trip.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
Graphic Designers can work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design
- PR/Communication Organisations
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication Design IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) Design (Visual Communication), Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Creative Computing, South East Technological University [Waterford] - www.setu.ie
Check out more progression options by downloading the BFEI Progression Pathways Chart at www.bfei.ie
More Design Courses at BFEI
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kit.