Graphic Design Course - Dublin
At BFEI located at Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year QQI Level 5 course in Graphic Design.
Are you a visual thinker? Do you love graphics in magazines or on the web? Are you constantly doodling and drawing? Do you want to do a degree in Visual Communications but have no time to prepare a portfolio before the Leaving Certificate? Are you a mature student wanting to change careers?
Then consider a career as a Graphic Designer. Graphic communication is present all around us - every logo, every newspaper, and every food package. Designers take a concept and develop it into pictures and slogans so that it is reflective and remembered by the audience.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
- Studio projects are completed on a continuous basis to develop design, analytical and presentation skills.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design (5M1995).
- On course completion you will have a portfolio of work to present for entry to third level institutions, or for prospective employers.
More Level 5 Courses at BFEI
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied on the course:
What Will I Do?
- Field Trips to sites, Museums, Conferences, and Design Projects are an integral part of the learning experience.
- Educational Tours are organised which may include a European trip.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
Graphic Designers can work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design
- PR/Communication Organisations
If you want to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- BA (Hons) Visual Communication Design IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
- BA (Hons) Design (Visual Communication), Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc in Multimedia, Waterford Institute of Technology - www.wit.ie
Check out the updated BFEI CAO Progression Pathways Chart with new progression options included for TCD, NUI Maynooth and University of Limerick. CAO data shows that many BFEI graduates from 2020/2021 secured excellent CAO offers.
More Design Courses at BFEI
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kit.