Blackrock Further Education Institute (BFEI), formerly Senior College Dun Laoghaire (SCD), was established under the statutory authority of Dun Laoghaire Vocational Education Committee. On 1st July 2013, Dún Laoghaire VEC merged with County Dublin VEC to become the Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Education and Training Board.
In June 2014, Senior College relocated to a state-of-the-art campus in Blackrock village, Co. Dublin and rebranded as Blackrock Further Education Institute.
BFEI is a College of Further Education offering an excellent range of professional career courses. Graduates enjoy professional qualifications certified and accredited by nationally and internationally recognised examining and professional bodies. These include the:
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
- Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI)
- Comite International D'Esthetique et de Cosmetologie (CIDESCO)
- International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC)
- Cisco Networking Academy (CISCO)
- Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU)
BFEI, with over 850 full time students, is one of Ireland's largest Further Education Colleges. The Institute's fulltime courses are organised into five Departments:
- Business, Accounting, Marketing and Auctioneering
- Community, Emergency and Health Care
- Beauty Therapy, Make Up & Complementary Therapy
- Computing and Creative Technologies