Ever wanted to learn more about the filmmaking process? How to write a script? Work with a video camera? Learn how to edit a movie using advanced video editing software? If so, this 20-week course is for you.
Check out the course video link above to see a past project.
We assume zero prior knowledge on the programme and start with the very basics. All film projects use the Canon XF100 which is a professional-level HD camera that can shoot at variable frame rates and has direct XLR input to assist with improved sound recording.
A range of Sennheiser microphones including radio microphones and two sets of LED three-point lighting equipment provide for an excellent standard of short film productions.
Assessment and Certification
Students who successfully complete the course will obtain the QQI Level 6 module in Film & Digital Video Production (6N5428)
Is This Course For You?
This course is aimed at beginners and assumes zero prior knowledge of film-making, editing, or writing.
You also don’t have to worry about equipment as the camera, lighting, sound, and recording equipment are all provided by the college.
What Will I Study?
- Developing a story - Character, Plot, Conflict & Setting.
- Script Writing including Pitch, Treatments & Script Layout
- The casting process & working with actors
- Storyboards & Shot Lists - understanding the narrative role of shot types.
- Production Schedules & Call Sheets.
- Working with Cameras & Digital Video - Image Resolution, Colour Depth, Focal Length & more.
- Three-point lighting & using lighting for dramatic effect
- Working with Audio (including creating a podcast & publishing to Spotify)
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the crew
- Make a Short Film.
- Multi-Track & Non-Linear Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve
- Special Effects using Green Screen & Effect Controls Panel
- Colour Correction
- Audio Correction
- Graphics & Titles
This is a 20-week course which takes place on Tuesday evenings from 6:15 - 9:15pm
Start Date: 4th October 2022