Pre-University UX/UI Design (UXD)Course - Dublin (Pending Final Approval)
At BFEI located in Blackrock village, Co.Dublin we offer a one year, QQI Level 5 Pre-University UX/UI Design (UXD) course (Pending Final Approval).
Would you like to combine your imagination and creativity with design skills? Do you want to make easy-to-use applications that focus on human-centered inclusiveness and universal design? The Pre-university UX/ UI Design course at BFEI will provide you with a strong foundation in the skills necessary to design Apps for mobile devices. You will design and prototype Apps to include, testing and evaluation, user interface design, navigation, user control, simplicity, consistency and usability. It will also enable you to go into entry level employment
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI.
- Assessment is based on a combination of studio projects and assignments submitted throughout the year.
- You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Design (5M2208).
Is This Course For You?
Have you a passion for Design? Do you enjoy visiting buildings and have a curiosity about how they are built? Are you a creative person with good organisational skills? This course is oriented to those wishing to pursue a career in this field. It provides you with a strong foundation in spatial design and combines creative ability with technical skills. This course is based on project work with an emphasis on learning by doing. The work produced will be presented as a portfolio to enable you to progress onto further studies in the design field.
- You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
- Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability
What Will I Study?
The following modules are studied on the course:
What Will I Do?
- Field Trips to sites, Museums, Conferences, and Design Projects are an integral part of the learning experience. Educational Tours are organised which may include a European trip.
- You will gain experience using Oculus Quest 2 VR Headsets.
- Career advice and help with CV preparation is provided by the Guidance and Career Service.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in a range of areas including:
- Design consultant
- CAD Operator
If you are interested in doing further study to get a degree, then you can apply through the CAO system for entry into courses in the QQI Higher Education Links Scheme such as:
- Bachelor of Architecture (Hons) Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
- Bachelor of Architecture (Hons) South East Technological University [Waterford] - www.setu.ie
- BSc Architectural Technology South East Technological University [Waterford] - www.setu.ie
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology Dundalk Institute of Technology - www.dkit.ie
- BA (Hons) Design for Stage & Screen IADT, Dún Laoghaire - www.iadt.ie
Check out more progression options by downloading the BFEI Progression Pathways Chart at www.bfei.ie
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.
Students will be required to purchase certain items including a uniform and product kits