Pre-University Networking Technologies
Are you looking for an alternative pathway to a degree in Networking Technologies?
The Pre University Networking Technologies course in BFEI will teach you how to build and configure computer networks, you will also acquire the skills to identify security threats and deploy appropriate mitigation strategies.
The course prepares students for the QQI Level 5 certificate in Computer Systems and Networks (5M0536). This certification can be used to apply for a place through the CAO on a related degree course, including the following:
BTech in Networking Technologies, Technological University Dublin City [City] - www.tudublin.ie
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Infrastructure), Technological University Dublin [City] - www.tudublin.ie
BSC (Hons) in Business with Information Technology, Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] - www.tudublin.ie
BSc in Computing (Information Technology), Technological University Dublin [Blanchardstown] - www.tudublin.ie
"I found this course to be a great stepping stone to the career I wished to pursue." Pierce Galligan
"This is a very hands-on course." Matthew Shanley
"The facilities and equipment in BFEI are of a high standard." Jean Maltese
"It’s a very well-structured course with great progression opportunities." Bogdan Cimpean
What will I study?
You must have achieved 5 passes or 5 O6/ H7s or a combination of 5 O6/H7s or have achieved the LCA with a Merit profile, or have achieved a full relevant QQI Level 4 Award.
Mature applicants (aged 21 and over) and other applicants without the formal entry requirements will be assessed individually for suitability.
Assessment and Certification
- This course is certified by QQI and Cisco.
- QQI assessment is based on a combination of project work submitted during the year and exams.
- On successful completion of this course, learners will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Computer Systems and Networks (5M0536) and CISCO Cyber Security Esssentials.
- Further details on the QQI award are available from the QQI website: http://qsearch.qqi.ie/WebPart/AwardDetails?awardCode=5M0536
- Further details on the Cyber Security Essentials certification are available from https://www.netacad.com/courses/security/cybersecurity-essentials.
As a graduate of this course, you can pursue careers in the IT industry including:
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- IT Security Technician
- Help-desk Technician
Students may apply through the CAO system for entry to degree courses via the Higher Education Links Scheme. The following are some of the courses that can be applied for upon successful completion of the Computer Networks and IT Security course at BFEI:
- Technological University Dublin (www.tudublin.ie)
- Networking Technologies degree,
- BTech (Ord) Networking Technologies
- Computer Science International
- BTech, (Ord), Networking Technologies
- Civil Engineering degree
- Aviation Technology degree
- Computer Science degree
- University College Dublin (www.ucd.ie)
- Computer Science degree
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, exams, a Student Services fee and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.